Kathy Halbe Schweiger was born in Chicago and spent her early years in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood. Her family later moved to Aurora, IL where she discovered her love of musical theater. Performing with the "Summer Stage" series Kathy had leading roles in "Music Man", "Carousel" and "Sound of Music."
Kathy has performed as a soprano soloist with various choral unions and orchestras in the Chicago area and been featured on Chicago television. Other solo appearances include, the Green Lake Festival Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Sir David Willcocks, the Oshkosh Community chorus and symphony, Madison Summer Sings, Wausau symphony and a Pops concert with the Marshfield Symphony.
In Rockford, IL Kathy has performed at the New American Theater, Studio Theater, Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center and with the Rockford Concert Band at the Sinnissippi Summer Park Series, Rockford Women's Connection, Rockford Women's Club as well as other venues. Kathy currently enjoys performing programs that include music from the Big Band Era, World War I & II, musicals, standards from the Great American Songbook, as well as newer classics such as the beautiful and poignant "Hallelujah" written by Leonard Cohen.
Personal Note from Kathy:
I've loved to sing as long as I can remember. My first memories are hearing my mother sing lullabies to me. Music has been a large part of our family heritage. My Aunt Maurine had a beautiful voice as well as a charming personality and has always been an inspiration to me. My Father and mother both loved music and passed that legacy on to me and my brother Earl. Music touches the heart in a deep way and it blesses me to see that continuing in our family down through the generations.
To be able to share my heart with others through music is a joy for which I am ever grateful.
"For you have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy." Psalm 63:7
Solo Appearances Include:
- Chicago Southside Choral Union - "Messiah"; "Seven Last Words of Christ"
- Milwaukee & Oshkosh - Green Lake Festival Choir & Orchestra - directed by Sir David Willcocks - "Dexit Dominus" (Psalm 110) - Handel
- Chicago, IL - "Messiah" - Moody Bible Institute
- Elmhurst Choral Union & Orchestra - "Bach's Christmas Oratorio"
- Naperville Community Chorus - "Haydn's Creation"; "Beethoven's Mass in C Major"
- Rockford Concert Band - Summer Series in Sinnissippi Park
- Rockford, IL - Studio Theater - "Into the Woods"
- Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center - Rockford,IL
- New American Theater - Rockford, IL "Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Coat'
- Rockford, IL - Felix Cabaret
- "My Way" - Musical tribute to Frank Sinatra - Lucille Tack Center for the Arts - Spencer, WI & Wausau, WI
- Marshfield Symphonic Band - Pops duet concert with Greg Rierson
- Madison Sings summer series - Brahms Requiem
- Grand Theater - Wausau, WI - Mozart Requiem; Hansel & Gretel
- Marshfield, WI - "Best Christmas Pageant Ever"
- CT Singers - Wausau, WI
- Wausau Renaisance Fair - Wausau, WI
- Oshkosh Community Chorus & Symphony - "Messiah"
- Historic Paramount Theater - Aurora, IL - "Sound of Music"
- Aurora, IL - "Brigadoon"; "Carousel"; "Music Man"